Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web
Search
Slownik Geograficzny Translation

Babki

(1) A village in the district of Poznan with 21 houses, 153 people, 11 protestants, 142 Catholics, 64 cannot read. (2) a manor farm (folwark) in the district of Poznan, 800 acres (morgs), 3 houses, 64 people, all catholic, 28 cannot read. The post office and train station are in Gadki about 5 kilometers and in Gluszyna about 2 kilometers. 

A village in the Poznan district. Prior to 1364 it used to be the property of Nicholas of Kobylin who exchanged this village for a different one through arrangements with the bishop of Poznan. About 1394 the bishop of Poznan, Dobrogosta, asked Peter of Czapury to divide the property into two parts: Babki and Czapury.

Source: Slownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1881, vol. 1, p.74 & Addendum in vol. 15, 1902, p.62]

Submitted by Joseph F. Martin.  Translated by Malgorzata Biela. Used by permission.

  
Copyright 2008-2016 Version 7.04.01 by PolishRoots   |  Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use