Czerniów (with Wandolina) [now Cherniv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine]
Village in Rohatyn powiat, on the banks of the Swierz stream, on the Lwow-Czerniowce [Chernivtsi] train line, about 4 km. northwest of the station at Bukaczowce, about 19 km. from Rohatyn. The major estate has 403 [mórgs] of farmland, 293 of meadows and gardens, 322 of pastures, 546 of forest; the minor estate has: 967 [mórgs] of farmland, 302 of meadows and gardens, 250 of pastures. There are 26 Roman Catholics, 1,029 Greek Catholics, 17 Jews, for a total population of 1,072. The village belongs to the Roman Catholic parish of Bukaczowce; there is a Greek Catholic parish in the village, to which the branch church in Poswierz belongs; the parish belongs to Zurawno deanery. There is a branch school with 1 teacher and a loan society with capital of 2,613 zlotys.
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1880, vol. 1, p.831]
a group of houses and a folwark in Czerniów, Rohatyn powiat.
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1892, vol. 12, p.935]
Note: According to the 1848 and 1874 book of landowners held at the Lviv Archives (F.186, op. 2, spr. 836), Hnat Kolesnik, living in Czerniów, is listed as the Landowner.