Domaradz, or Domaradzów, with Plosina, Katy, Krzywe, Zatyle, and Poremby, a village in Brzozów powiat, on the Brzozówka, a tributary of the Wislok (Stobnica?), at 49°48' north, 39°37 east from Ferro [would be about 21°57' by the coordinates used as standard today], 13 km. northwest of Brzozów, 6 km. north of the post office in Jasienica. There is a Roman Catholic parish in the village, a Greek Catholic parish in Izdebki. There are 495 houses in Domaradz along with Plosina, Katy and Zatyle, and 2,653 inhabitants. The major estate covers 276 mórgs of farmland, 54 of meadows and gardens, 32 of pastures, and 444 of forests; the minor estate has 2,523 mórgs of farmland, 388 of meadows and gardens, 242 of pastures, and 344 of forests. In the village there is a 1-class state school, a savings society with a capital of 300 Rhenish zl., and a large brewing factory. The major estate belongs to the Latin bishops [Latin-rite or Roman Catholic, as opposed to Greek Catholic] of Przemysl. The pedagogue Maksymilian Lyszkowski was born in Domaradz. The first trace of the founding of a parish here is in records from 1510; Jan Dziaduski, Bishop of Przemysl, renewed its funding in 1545; whereas in 1542 Stanislaw Tarlo consecrated the church, under the patronage of St. Mikolaj, Bishop; but that church, as best we can judge, is not the same as the one existing today. In 1523 Jan Krzysztof Szembek, Bishop of Przemysl, incorporated the benefice in Domaradz into the collegiate chapter in Brzozów. There are 2,452 Catholics in the parish, 45 Jews. - B. R.
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1881, vol. 2, pp. 113-114]
This translation, by William F. Hoffman, first appeared in the Winter 1999 issue of "Bulletin of the Polish Genealogical Society of America".