1) a village in Poznań county, 21 houses, 233 people, all catholic, 69 illiterate. The church in the village belonged to St. Mary Magdalene parish in Poznan. A post office and a train station were in Gadki, 5 kilometers away, and another train station was in Poznań, 10 kilometers away. The church was a separate parish in the 15th century. Łukasz Koscierski, bishop of Poznań, included it into his own church, All Saints, in Poznań in 1582. Krzysztof Szembek, a later bishop in Poznań, included the church in 1720 with St. Mary Magdalene Church in Poznań. It is a brick church from about the 15th century, and most probably the architect was Piotr Dunina who made his living by building churches. He built many churches in the whole province. In the 18th century the village of Głuszyna was part of the Jesuit school in Poznań.
2) Głuszyna - a manor house in Poznań county with 5095 acres (morgs) 2480 of them were forest - 6 houses with 83 people, 1 protestant and 82 catholic, 40 were illiterate. It belonged to Lord Dzieduszycki.
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1881, vol. 2, p. 618]
This translation by Malgorzata Biela is used by permission.