Gajdówka or Gajdowskie, in German Gaidowko, a settlement in Swiecie county [powiat], in a wooded, sandy area, near the border of Tuchola county; 226 mórgs, with 7 buildings, 2 habitable structures, 15 Catholics. It is served by the parish church in Sliwice, the school in Zdroje, and the post office in Szklana Huta (German name Louisenthal).
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1881, vol. 2, pg. 440]
This translation, by William F. Hoffman, first appeared in the Fall 1999 issue of "Bulletin of the Polish Genealogical Society of America".