1) a village and manorial farm in the county of Kutno, Township and parish of Kutno, on the railway line. It has 21 dwellings and 350 inhabitants. The town has been comprised generally the same since 1710, of which 125 morgs belongs to the distant city of Kutno, 2133 meters away. The homesteads wealth was for the benefit of culture. In 1827, Gnojno had 21 dwellings and 124 inhabitants. The manorial farm was acquired in 1872 for 150,000 silver rubles. To the estate of Gnojno belongs the village of Siemiennik’s 4 settlements with an area of 6 morgs; and Debina’s 5 settlements, with an area of 60 morgs.
2) Gnojno – a village, manorial farm and estate, in the county of Mlawa, Township of Niechlanin, parish of Sarnowo, lying about 25,602 meters from Mlawa, having a school and fire department. It numbers 16 dwellings and 253 inhabitants with 1228 morgs of land. The manorial farm of Gnojno, the village of Gnojno, Petrykozy and Gnojenko, were acquired in 1870 for 32,700 silver rubles. Open area comprises 1088 morgs of which arable land and gardens are 717 morgs, meadows 175 morgs, pasture 88 morgs, forest 85 morgs, and that which is unusable or under buildings is 23 morgs. It is divided into 11 fields. Of the buildings, 3 are brick and 20 are wooden. It has layers of peat, calcium carbonate, and limestone. The village of Gnojno has 28 settlements and 51 morgs of land. The village of Petrykozy has 12 settlements and 413 morgs of land. The village of Gnojenko has 2 settlements and 58 morgs of land.
3) Gnojno – Grabiny – a village and manorial farm in the county of Lipno, township of Klokock and parish of Ostrowite. In 1827 there were here 14 dwellings and 141 inhabitants. At present there are 22 dwellings and 211 inhabitants. It has 969 morgs of land of these 14 are not arable.
4) Gnojno – a village in the county of Lipno, township and parish of Bobrowniki. The village of Gnojno along with the settlements of Jonne, Zmyslin, Osiny, Wakole, and Celiny encompass 591 morgs of land of which 590 were under cultivation. It had 26 dwellings and 135 inhabitants, a Lutheran house of prayer, a Lutheran school, a tavern and an inn. The manorial farm inhabited by a foreign noble, belongs to the parish of Osowska. It numbers 10 dwellings and 70 inhabitants. It encompasses 373 morgs of land, of which 320 are under cultivation.
5) Gnojno – a village in the county of Pultusk, township of Kliszewo, parish of Zambsk. In 1827 it had 26 dwellings and 207 inhabitants. In 1854 this manorial farm was detached from the estates of the Gorski’s.
6) Gnojno – a village and manorial farm in the county of Stopnica, township and parish of Gnojno. It is located on the paved road between Chmielnek and Kurozwek. It contains the brick parish church, community school and an invalid home for the elderly and infirm. In the 15th century it already possessed the brick parish church of St. John the Baptist and the village also had two manorial farms and belonged to the inheritance of Przemysław Wojszyka of the coat of arms Lodzia. (Długosz, II, 443.) Gnojno was the seat of the Gnojnski’s but in 1842 it was owned by the Luniewski’s. Here were planted the first Italian poplar trees in Poland which the country squire Rupniewski, castellan of Malogoszcz brought from Constantinople. This same Rupniewski in nearby Grabka erected a Turkish house (in ruins by fire). In 1827 Gnojno had 57 dwellings and 480 inhabitants. The parish of Gnojno belongs to the deaconate of Stopnice and numbers 5087 souls. The township of Gnojno belongs to circuit court District I of Chmielnik, where is also located the post office. It encompasses an area of 12,995 morgs and has 4879 inhabitants. The estate of Gnojno is made up of the manorial farms of: Gnojno, Pozogi, and Piasek. It was purchased in 1874 for 65,714 silver rubles. The extent of the manor encompasses 1393 morgs; the manorial farm of Gnojno has 661 morgs. There are 16 brick buildings and 6 wooden structures. The manorial farm of Pozogi has 432 morgs, and contains 2 brick buildings and 5 wooden structures. The manorial farm of Wiktorow has 300 morgs and contains 2 brick buildings and 1 wooden structure. It rotates crops between 6 – 8 fields and has a distillery, an American mill, and a sawmill. There are some layers of peat and limestone. The River Wschodnia flows through the territory. The village of Gnojno has 71 settlements and 594 morgs of land; the village of Pozogi has 19 settlements and 131 morgs of land; the village of Piasek has 6 settlements and 46 morgs of land.
7) Gnojno – a village and manorial farm on the banks of the Bug River in the county of Konstantynow, township of Zakanale, parish of Janow. It possesses an Orthodox parish for the Ruthenian people. The village of Gnojno lies on this Bug River and constitutes a safe harbor for barges going to Gdansk with grain from the entire area within a three mile radius. On the sandy hills are found embankments said by the people to be a pagan cemetery, but this has not been proven. In 1827 there were in the village 39 dwellings and 389 inhabitants. The present number is 51 dwellings and 403 inhabitants. It has 1125 morgs of landed property. The manorial farm of Gnojno belongs to the estate of Konstanty now. Br[ronislaw] Ch[lebowski]
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1881, vol. 2, p.661]
This translation, by Jerry S. Kucharski, FIC, FICF, is used by permission of the author.
Gnojno, Inowrocław powiat