German Eichenrode, 1) A village, Wyrzysk county, 6 houses, 68 inhabitants, 6 Protestant, 62 Catholic, 1 illiterate. 2) An estate consisting of 2500 acres in two localities: a) a farm; b) a brick factory, 8 houses, 130 inhabitants, 31 Protestants, 99 Catholic, and 39 illiterates. Post office and telegraph office are in Lobzenica (German name -Lobsenz) 5 km. away, railroad station is in Osiek (German name - Netzthal) 19 km. away.
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1882, vol. 3, p.332]
This translation, by William F. Hoffman, first appeared in the Fall 1995 issue of "Bulletin of the Polish Genealogical Society of America".