Juraciszki (or Juratishki)-- small town and farmstead on a pond; in the 3rd police district of Oszmiana province. Lying 35 mi. from Oszmiana and 23 miles from Dziewieniszki, it contains 23 homes and an Orthodox church (1866). Inhabitants number 100 Catholics and 97 Orthodox. Once the property of the Kopcio family, it was passed to the Koscialkowski and then the Rodkiewicz family. It is the gmina administrative center, counting 424 homes with 4,969 inhabitants. Today the little town itself has 244 inhabitants.
Editor's Note: All Słownik longitudes in this article have been converted to modern coordinates which is based on the Greenwich zero meridian. All Polish measurement units (land areas, distances, height above sea level, etc.) were converted to American-English equivalents. Monetary units, where identified, were left in zlotys/zl. or rubles/rs.
Source: Słownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1882, vol. 3, p. 628]
This translation, by Mike Gansecki, is used by permission.