Geography Maps Slownik Geograficzny Sgkpbagrowo
Slownik Geograficzny Translation
Bagrowo, a village in Sroda powiat, 5 houses, 34 inhabitants, all Catholic, 11 illiterate. It has a parish church of Sroda deanery. In 1751 the Franciscan Fathers of Poznan-to whom Andrzej Czacki, proprietor of Bagrowo, left the village in 1702, subject to redemption-built a new wooden church on the site of the old one (also of wood) under the ancient title of St. Katarzyna's [Catherine's]. The Bagrowo church had been handed over to the administration of the Franciscan Fathers as early as the 17th century, by the owners at the time, the Dobinskis. In the 15th and 16th century the village belonged to the Bagrowskis. Bagrowo estate has 1,320 mórgs, 13 houses, 131 inhabitants, 2 Protestant, 149 Catholic [sic], 72 illiterate; the railway station is in Sroda, 7 km. away, and the highway is 3 km. away. [M. St. (Studniarski)].
Source: Slownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego - Warsaw [1880, vol. 1, p. 81]
This translation, by William F. Hoffman, first appeared in the Summer 2000 issue of "Bulletin of the Polish Genealogical Society of America".;